Developed Features CentiLeo 0.57 (last update December 2018)TODO list
Out-of-core geometry (even hundreds million polygons) with GPU acceleration
Out-of-core and out-of-RAM textures with GPU acceleration
- Scalable multi-GPU support (up to 16 GPUs).
Noise aware adaptive path tracing
Instancing of geometry
Fast support of dynamic scenes and interactive modeling
Powerful Standard CentiLeo Material with 2 reflection lobes (potentially anisotropic), diffuse, transmission, 3 SSS and Multi Material container.
Light sources with assignment to different layers of materials (visible to reflection, diffuse, and color scales for them).
Flexible Shadow Catcher material option with shadow strength controls per light source.
Fast rendering of glass
- AOVs/Render passes infrastructure to generate them all in parallel.
- Light pass blender AOV which allows to post process the combination of light passes without re-render.
- Beauty pass blender AOV which allows to post process the combination of reflections, diffuse and transmission without re-render.
- Arbitrary output image resolution (as soon as it fits to CPU RAM).
- Fast ray traced Subsurface Scattering
- Motion blur (deformation and transformation with up to 32 motion keys).
- (0.55 release) Adaptive displacement mapping
- (0.56 release) Fast adaptive rendering with many light sources in the scene. 10 or 100 lights - similar render speed.
- (0.56 release) Mesh Lights
- (0.57 release) Shader nodes: bitmap, noise, pattern, procedural flakes and scratches, UVW projection / UVW transformation / UVW distortion (as in Cinema R20), triplanar, randomizer, ramp, dirt, falloff, math, layer, color correction, curve map, remap, surface wire, surface side, constant.
- Fully interactive 3ds Max rendrerer plugin (based on CentiLeo core 0.55) which reacts to user modeling activity in 3ds Max while the image is rendered.
- Fully interactive Cinema 4D renderer plugin (based on CentiLeo core 0.57) which reacts to user modeling activity in Cinema 4D while the image is rendered.
- Interactive mode in 3ds Max and Cinema supports reaction to mesh edits, objects motion, shading, lighting and camera motion of course.
- Windows, 3ds Max and Cinema 4D only.
- NVIDIA only GPUs with compute capability 3.0 and higher and at least 3 GBs of device memory (however GPUs with 2GB may also work). The list of NVIDIA GPUs and their compute capability is available here.
- Support interactive ForestPack / RailClone and MultiScatter
- Hair & Fur
- More camera and post-processing features
- Support different particle engines
- Converters from native host app materials.
- Lessons & Tutorials
- Deeper integration into 3ds Max and Cinema 4D
- Other OS support.